Guest gamecp

Advertising for a GSP

18 posts in this topic

Thanks for this :)

I use Tcadmin forums, webhostingtalk and I have actually found a few places just by using these forums :)

lol, I have been so busy the last 8 months rebuilding XFactorServer's reputation (among everything else) from the ground up that I haven't even looked at any of these rating sites besides GSPRating. Probably about time to get some new banners put up since most of those still have the prices from almost 2 years ago :)

Thanks for the links, I didn't even know we were listed on all of those already.

lol, I have been so busy the last 8 months rebuilding XFactorServer's reputation (among everything else) from the ground up that I haven't even looked at any of these rating sites besides GSPRating. Probably about time to get some new banners put up since most of those still have the prices from almost 2 years ago :)

Thanks for the links, I didn't even know we were listed on all of those already.

Could you suggest some more sites? I think I only know about like 5.

Hello Brett,

I have manually added Xfactor to gspreviews.com

I even rated & reviewed the company, but note these ratings were based on past experiences with previous owner, but yet a 3.5 rating with user, and a 4 rating with author. Author rating allows more insight. I just wish I new enough to make it available to all reviewers to rate on all categories like support, performance, price, etc.

I used to have an L4D2 server with your previous owner, and with all the negative talk, I can say I never had any issues.

But of course, once the server is setup and running, and continues to run, I never had any need to seek support.

Seemed my old account had some funds in it, and it was deactivated, but an email to your staff, got the account activated once again.

And with several back and forth eamils, they were pretty quick to reply.

Good luck with the new business. Been reading a lot of good comments about the new ownership.

Looks like your on your way.

Edited by MajorPain

Anyone have other resources? That's the point of this thread :D

Has to be more then the few ideas I have listed.

Hello Brett,

I have manually added Xfactor to gspreviews.com

I even rated & reviewed the company, but note these ratings were based on past experiences with previous owner, but yet a 3.5 rating with user, and a 4 rating with author. Author rating allows more insight. I just wish I new enough to make it available to all reviewers to rate on all categories like support, performance, price, etc.

I used to have an L4D2 server with your previous owner, and with all the negative talk, I can say I never had any issues.

But of course, once the server is setup and running, and continues to run, I never had any need to seek support.

Seemed my old account had some funds in it, and it was deactivated, but an email to your staff, got the account activated once again.

And with several back and forth eamils, they were pretty quick to reply.

Good luck with the new business. Been reading a lot of good comments about the new ownership.

Looks like your on your way.

I fell out with the owner of xfactor, this was a few years back and the guy wasn't the nicest of things I must add!, good luck with the new ownership :) (I had no idea that it was overtaken).

To add to the list, i'm allowing advertising at my community forum: http://cplservers.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=68

Edited by Bobby
Updated Link

^For the purposes of compiling a nice directory, it's probably best not to use the url shorten-ers that display ads.

I was going to change the link to the direct link, but I can't find the edit buttom for the post above :\

Edited by Lewis-CplServers

Facebook ( very responsive for me, you just need to make sure you target the right groups).

Many clan/team communities that offer it to me.

A few other things. I have a mass list not sure if I'm willing to post it lol.

Facebook is great because you can do such awesome targeting.

Reddit Self-Server advertising has worked great for us for Minecraft and Terraria servers.

Offering a good discount that beats others will surely get your more customers. Offer your services for an affordable price and I'm sure you will gain the sales.

It's a good site, but there is way too many companies on there that don't exist any more.

This was brought up with the owner many times and about 8-12 months back he said he would look into cleaning it up, but never did.

Xfactor for one is a company that was bought out maybe 2 yrs ago or more just as an example.

It's a good site, but there is way too many companies on there that don't exist any more.

This was brought up with the owner many times and about 8-12 months back he said he would look into cleaning it up, but never did.

Xfactor for one is a company that was bought out maybe 2 yrs ago or more just as an example.

Yeah. Could be cool if GSP Rating or GH Reviews clean their database and remove GSPs that are no longer alive. 

The best first step of advertisement is not buying yourself into the adspace. Get your hands dirty and go to communities and not just advertise but offer them a service that they would want and for a good price. You make them happy and they will stay.