Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest suede

Which billing panel do you guys prefer?

38 posts in this topic

I've been using a free billing panel and I was wondering which it a better billing panel to use? Would it be Client Exe or WHMCS?

Please give reasons why you would choose what you choose and why you didn't like the other one.

Thanks,

Suede Young

From what I hear WHMCS is gold when it comes to a complete billing control manager. It integrates with many of the best control panels. I believe even alot of the free panels can integrate it into their systems.

WHMCS is the way to go, over client exec. My website sells premium memberships to minecraft users, giving people perks, and additional commands in the servers for their donations in support my community. And I'm using WHMCS because it's easy to use, and it works. Plus it's cheap. I pay licensepal about 13 a month for a license. Once you start getting customers in it starts to pay for itself.

Edited by EVL--Ryan

I've been using a free billing panel and I was wondering which it a better billing panel to use? Would it be Client Exe or WHMCS?

Please give reasons why you would choose what you choose and why you didn't like the other one.

Thanks,

Suede Young

I used both control panels. I prefer WHMCS over clientexec. WHMCS is a well-rounded billing system that (in my opinion) blows ClientExec out of the water. However, if you want to keep cost down, I believe clientexec is a bit cheaper.

WHMCS is the way to go, over client exec. My website sells premium memberships to minecraft users, giving people perks, and additional commands in the servers for their donations in support my community. And I'm using WHMCS because it's easy to use, and it works. Plus it's cheap. I pay licensepal about 13 a month for a license. Once you start getting customers in it starts to pay for itself.

Ryan, do you have sourcemod configured with WHMCS? When someone donates towards your community, does your WHMCS automattically give donor admin privledges on your servers? If so, I'd like to touch base with you on setting that up with my gaming community.

Thank you everyone. I have gotten WHMCS since everyone has said so many good things about it. I thank you all for taking your time to come and answer my question.

Thanks,

Suede Young

I am very new to all of this, and I don't understand why something that is "free" could possibly be bad. Is it because it doesn't come with all of the bells and whistles?

Well in my opinion when thinks are "free" and there is no catch (advertisements, grabbing information, etc..) then the developer isn't going to be focusing on it for very long as its doing nothing for them...its the same with anything really.

Well in my opinion when thinks are "free" and there is no catch (advertisements, grabbing information, etc..) then the developer isn't going to be focusing on it for very long as its doing nothing for them...its the same with anything really.

I wonder how on earth linux or floss took off :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure why a company would use a free billing system. If you're going to operate a company, make sure you are able to afford the necessary software (billing, support, control panel). With that being said, I have always preferred WHMCS. It is a hundred times better than ClientExec, in my opinion.

WHMCS is highly prefer.

Hostbill looks good for dedicated servers though.

However, just like what John mentioned its never good to use free billing system/softwares if your operating a company.

Edited by GNS_Harrison

In the same way that it's never a good idea to run your business based on a free operating system ?

Wait, what about giving away software for free ? That would be awful for business!

I think there are a few companies that would like to talk to you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Eoin

In the same way that it's never a good idea to run your business based on a free operating system ?

Wait, what about giving away software for free ? That would be awful for business!

I think there are a few companies that would like to talk to you. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between using free software and using a free operating system. My point is that there are people who are starting "companies" but don't want the bills associated with doing so. "Oh, you mean I have to pay for a billing system? Because I don't have the money to buy one, I'll find a free piece of software." People do it all the time and it's terrible. If you don't have the money to properly fund a business, don't try to start one.

I think whatever works for your company and suits you and your customer's needs is the best. If you want to say a company doesn't have enough money to pay for a "proper" billing system that's not always true. If you dont need anything else why pay money for additional features you don't need. If you wanna go the direction of pointing fingers at those that don't buy billing systems that's dumb. Hosts with the custom software that cost them thousands of dollars could say if you don't have enough money to have all that "top notch" equipment than you shouldn't be in the industry. If it works for you and your customers then its acceptable...everyone has to start somewhere.

Edited by ix007

I use WHMCS fits into my site perfectly :). The back end is very admin friendly, Just like the user end.

I tried Clientexec once but hated it, They have vastly improved it since I used it though.

Definitely WHMCS!

Great interface, regularly updated, tons of integration options. Been using it for a few years and i'm a pretty big fan

When you compare features, modules available, addons available, and support, WHMCS is better than clientexec hands down

When you compare features, modules available, addons available, and support, WHMCS is better than clientexec hands down

I completely agree with this post. It's a great system that can save you a large amount of time even if you are trying to integrate it with your own custom systems.

Also, they release updates very quickly after coming across issues, so you always feel safe with it.

My personal opinion is Client Exec is better for web hosting but for things such as game hosting without hesitation I would go for WHMCS any day.

My personal opinion is Client Exec is better for web hosting but for things such as game hosting without hesitation I would go for WHMCS any day.

I was trying out clientexec last month but didn't like it so i moved back to WHMCS

I prefer using WHMCS because Client Exec just doesn't feel right.

The main thing i hated about clientexec is that you can't customize it like whmcs.