MajorPain

Review Site And Game Price Comparisons

18 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Browsing through the forum I noticed several of you are running companies.

I had in the past had created a review site and a game price comparison page for some games that ourselves and friends used to see the various slot prices and and some of the reviews of some hosts. There are more active review sites which I suggest you use for more in depth reviews. This was just a project I had started in the past and tried to keep it simple for our needs within some of the AA2 and AA3 clan community.

Noticing some new companies I hadn't seen before here in the forums, I took the time to add some of those companies to the review and price comparison area. Hopefully this will also provide you with some extra advertising, and will also provide you a comparison of where you stand price wise with your competitors.

The are located as a sub-site to our clan forum as of now, but may later become a site of their own.

They can be found at http://www.aaquacks.com/gameserverhosts/ for reviews, rating and ranking, and at http://www.aaquacks.com/gameserverhosts/gameserverprices.html for the price comparison page. I try every couple of weeks to update portions of the price page to keep it update to date. If you have any issue with pricing I have posted, let me know and I can update it.

Some of the latest companies I added are:

(And I hope you don't mind a little critique of your sites - lol)

EQ Hosting

- your COD4 is dead - guessing you don't sell this game anymore.

- no advertising banners available for your clients to promote your business

Go-Networks

- awesome looking site

- Your affiliate area sucks, but I am thinking the page may be broken? No graphics or css

- no advertising banners available for your clients to promote your business

Speed-Frag

- added as requested.

- Today your site appears offline

Killer Game Server

- nice site (appearance could be improved - kind of basic)

- Is your BFBC2 unavailable? Greyed out.

Radon Servers

- That L4D2 logo just jumps out at you. lol

- Also didn't see any advertising banners available for your clients.

- Overall a nice clean site.

Global Frag

- Home page is nice but thought it was busy looking.

- Awesome advertising banners for your clients (great graphics)

- my biggest issue as a potential customer looking at your site, is that you post no prices for your games, and when you click order now, you must completely fill out the order form and continue to see if the price comes up next. I don't know if it does, because I had no intention of going through the process to find out the price, and I would think many others couldn't be bothered either. You are best to provide the slot price or some sort of price without having to go through the hassle to hopefully find out down the road. Potential customers want to see pricing at the start of their possible purchase.

Good luck to all and hope we can bring you a few more sales.

I appreciate what you're doing and the content is great. However, I think for it to be a website you would have to fall away from the script or atleast add some pretty-looking CSS to it. Good job though!

Eventually I will.

I have a clan mate that is a developer, and he's been pushing me to learn more.

Reading the book on html5 right now.

It's great that your helping promote these GSP's, I think with the advice from ix007 and moving away from a TopSite free script to something more custom made you would have more of an impact. Generate more traffic to your site as well by advertising on other gaming sites, this will make GSP's take notice to your page. Also you may want to think about buying a domain just for a review/price comparison site.

Good luck, let me know what I can do to help!

I had a site with it all on there, but gave it up and merged it into our forum.

The intention is to get a new domain and separate the two.

Was considering a review theme on wordpress, but haven't decided yet.

Have been looking around at other sites and scripts to see what's available.

Hey, I made a site just like this - had the domain for YEARS - but made no use of it, I heavily modded a top site to be a top ranking list with reviews & features a GSP can pick to help advertise their wears

id be happy to share it with you - free of course - and maybe we can start a small top-site style ring for gsp's, if we all get linked - share links - and are seo friendly, this could actually increase ranks a bit better then our individual sites.

i think top-sites work good and like yours. pm me if youre interested and ill share the url, dont want to hi-jack your thread.

Edited by gamecp

Hey, I made a site just like this - had the domain for YEARS - but made no use of it, I heavily modded a top site to be a top ranking list with reviews & features a GSP can pick to help advertise their wears

id be happy to share it with you - free of course - and maybe we can start a small top-site style ring for gsp's, if we all get linked - share links - and are seo friendly, this could actually increase ranks a bit better then our individual sites.

i think top-sites work good and like yours. pm me if youre interested and ill share the url, dont want to hi-jack your thread.

Haha... that reminds me of the old gaming webring banner link exchanges from the mid-late 90's when AOL was still like 2 and 3.0 I wonder if anyone else rememebers them?

I sure do! I ran a GSP in the late 90's and they were on their way out, today I can hardly find anything similar, sorta why I made my topsite - they really came in handy.

I sure do! I ran a GSP in the late 90's and they were on their way out, today I can hardly find anything similar, sorta why I made my topsite - they really came in handy.

Those things were functional but oh so annoying at the time. I guess just by the nature of their simplistic design. but MAN! Everyone had one, even for the smallest of AOL chat room gaming clans. It'll be nice to see something like what you're doing grow. :)Good luck!