Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gamecp

What CMS do you use?

15 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd ask to spark a new topic!

I personally used one that I was a developer of - its private, old and sorta crappy now - but it uses templates that I can make easily, so I dont bother changing.

I've heard of a lot of free open source ones, many good - many bad.

What are you using to manage your website?

I prefer wordpress over the joomla, drupal, etc... that's probably because I'm decent at working with it.

Notepad++

Haha nice. I would too if it wasn't for the convenience of having a custom CMS to simply add a few things.

Notepad++

There's never a substitute for knowing the code. I find it hilarious when friends of mine are trying to design a webpage in dreamweaver and run into it's little quirks and can't get the page quite right. Usually it's something simple they would have caught IF they knew the code.

In the past I have tried using Joomla however I just could not get my head around it, yet you can make some really nice looking sites from it. I have mainly used wordpress in the past, and then in the end stopped using it altogether. I now use MyBB forum software with a nice portal plugin to pull some threads to the front page.

WordPress is the dominating CMS so it is advisable to choose WordPress. It has been growing in popularity for years. Joomla is also similar to WordPress in that it is PHP and SQL based. But not as popular. However Joomla is a bit more complex than WordPress so you might need professional help with it. Good luck!