Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XSH-Alex

ReallyDownOrNot.com Review

7 posts in this topic

Hello GSPTalk,

I created this website today with a friend, and would like all your opinions on it.

The website checks if another site is online or offline.

It also displays two Alexa charts for websites if they are online.

New features on the way!

What do you think about the site?

www.reallydownornot.com

You guys have done a nice job with this.

With it being simple to use, visitors will have no problems searching website details.

Cool domain, I've seen the script used other places before but great name for it. Keep it simple and ad free, I'm sure it will take off. Make sure your website doesn't go down, because how could I check if its really down or not? hahaha

Cool domain, I've seen the script used other places before but great name for it. Keep it simple and ad free, I'm sure it will take off. Make sure your website doesn't go down, because how could I check if its really down or not? hahaha

Sites like these pop up all the time as the code is usually freeware and simple to code if you have the means to. In terms of seeing it take off and getting popular I'll recommend focusing a lot on SEO and gaining backlinks from other sites with your target keywords in the anchor text. The sites that are already out there in this niche only make money because they were generally the first to come online and anyone using them doesn't have a reason to switch unless you start to offer a whole slew of new features. In order to make a site like this profitable you need not only advertise it via forums and manually telling people, but instead gain as much free search and user referred traffic as possible (thus lowering the amount of hours you put into advertising and focusing them into development or sites that will make you more money than this one).

I'm not in any way meaning to sound like I don't think you should make a site like this, just recommending what you should focus on in order to see a return on the hours you put into developing and maintaining it!

Edited by Jesse

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0