Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoHost247

Teamspeak Hosting License, is it worth it?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am thinking of purchasing an official TS3 Hosting license and just wondered if anyone else has any experiences they can share, I am going to try gather some interest prior to buying, but would that be enough momentum to keep the ball rolling? Im not sure.

Thoughts?

How easy is to to maintain it as i'm a little confused on how the license works. Apparently the price you pay for the license depends on how many slots you current use on average but there was some sort of formula and minimum payment you had to pay. Any chance of a little explaining as I have looked it up and i'm extremely interested to do it myself with a little investment for it. Most importantly, after 12 months, does the license change price?

Thanks in advance.

How easy is to to maintain it as i'm a little confused on how the license works. Apparently the price you pay for the license depends on how many slots you current use on average but there was some sort of formula and minimum payment you had to pay. Any chance of a little explaining as I have looked it up and i'm extremely interested to do it myself with a little investment for it. Most importantly, after 12 months, does the license change price?

Thanks in advance.

Well are you planning on getting a personal license with them or business license with them? The way it works is you pay them a set fee for the license and slottage you will be using/renting. Usually with time you will be paying less in price per slot as you increase in more and more slots. Example, you might start of by paying $0.08/slot and after 100k slots see it go down to $0.06/slot. Just to give you an idea. In either case you will have to also take in to account that you have to set up a dedicated server (or a vps) to host the slots yourself.

Well are you planning on getting a personal license with them or business license with them? The way it works is you pay them a set fee for the license and slottage you will be using/renting. Usually with time you will be paying less in price per slot as you increase in more and more slots. Example, you might start of by paying $0.08/slot and after 100k slots see it go down to $0.06/slot. Just to give you an idea. In either case you will have to also take in to account that you have to set up a dedicated server (or a vps) to host the slots yourself.

I will be using a business license. For all I know, there is a minimum set price tag (up to 100?) you have to pay per month even if you're not hitting it? Also is it worth it as in do people rent these well enough compared to mumble and ventrilo?

Edited by flux