Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sktje

Decent looking game server panel

9 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if there is any decent looking game server panel to manage game servers.

For example TCadmin and GameCP are looking like they have been living in a cave for 25 years.

It's simply to ugly to use for a company, does anyone have an alternative that looks better?

They are booth considered the best control panels. Plus, there are wealthy companies using both of those panels without any issues. Search the forum and you'll find other control panels but their not any better in my opinon.

I was always under the impression that GameCP and TCAdmin were customizable. As I assumed not everyone wants the same boring layout.

I've taken a different approach and am working on building a custom panel because as you mention, these panels look and feel like they haven't been touched in 10+ years. While this is a lot of work, its necessary to achieve the differentiation that we are looking for.

I still prefer the way TCAdmin works but yes, the looks are a little outdated. Mostly what you need to do is maybe find a layout for it, build one yourself or make a control panel that works almost the same but with your own style and alterations (pretty much the same as remaking a layout). TCAdmin is just pretty much the most used control panel right now so having a panel everyone knows is a good advantage in some ways.

TCAdmin is the only pannel i can find that has backup and steam update that works like it should, but its still lacking ALOT, missing detrimental applets for front end user control.

auto updating bat creations for game mods, the mod applet that it has now is still garbage. The game installed should have a user pannel for quik server game control settings. INI editing should only be used for advanced settings. i know after entering 60 lines of game settings im pretty irritated especially when an applet could do it all for you in 1/3 of the time.

The Web Console in TC admin doesn't seem to function at all, i enter commands and it does nothing, hopefully that will be fixed at some point. ITs defiantly not the ideal solution for a GCSM  but there isn't much else out there. 

TCAdmin is pretty much customizable, I mean you can setup any custom script for a game that you want. It can be backup, MySQL or some additional backups like PBO Manager for Arma. That's why I recommend to use this panel.

On 15.06.2016 at 8:17 PM, Zerosum said:

The Web Console in TC admin doesn't seem to function at all, i enter commands and it does nothing, hopefully that will be fixed at some point. ITs defiantly not the ideal solution for a GCSM  but there isn't much else out there. 

It should be configured in Game Config. It's working for me with most of games.

The problem with existing game server panels is more than just looks. They don't have any game-specific features, are closed-sourced so the hosting provider can't add any features to them, and require knowledgeable admins to operate.

Shameless plug, but that's why we made our own control panel for 7 Days to Die :D.

Edited by 7D2DServerHosting

As for me I am sure that flash gaming is not over and done. You see how expensive consoles and gaming PCs are becoming from day to day. It's not affordable for an average gamer. So, what will he do? He will go to sites like unblocked games and play these browser games for free.