GS-Dylan

Advertising?

10 posts in this topic

Where do you guys advertise? What do you find most effective. I'm currently posting daily on the minecraft forums, also have threads weekly on WHT. I rented a banner on a minecraft server ranking site, and am running a adsense campaign but I'm still having a hard time getting clients? Any advice?

Try finding the big name gaming communities and offer them a deal or prizes in return for advertising.

Minecraft Forum has language in their EULA/ToS that pretty much forbids us to advertise on their with exception to 1 area. Anything outside of that one area, and you get hit with a warning.

Always go with a niche. So if you are looking for gamers, go with the sites with a gaming theme. Forums like this, facebook groups related to games, blogs, etc.

Go offline. Look in your local community.

I'm just launching my service today for the general public. Been doing "invite only" for the last 3 months while getting everything ironed out and prepared.

Having a hard time finding message boards online to advertise. A lot of them have forum rules for no advertising of commercial services, or they don't seem to have a sub-forum for server providers to advertise. Anyone else having the same experience? Where have you been targeting your advertising?

It is hard to find places to advertise services. A lot of the forums have limits on how many posts you must have before you can post advertisements which mean you have to do a lot of prep work before you can get your advertisements up and running.

If you can make interesting content that's relevant to your service but not a direct advertisement (infographics would be an example), then Reddit is a great option. I haven't had much success with Reddit ads, but an regular post in the right subreddit is surprisingly easy to get upvotes with if you put in the work to make it good.