Guest Busterifle

What kind of Phone do you guys have?

89 posts in this topic

So you know, we're all new here and I thought this would be a good way to start a small discussion. So what kind of phone do you have and what do you use it for?

For example...

I have an Iphone 4 and I use it for basically everything, music,email,fb,games,etc.

Yeah, we're all new here. If you have any feed back please post it within the announcement & feed back forum: http://www.gsptalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-announcements-and-feedback/

Someone suggested that we place a introductory sub-forum to get the ball rollin'. We'll have that up shortly.

As for my cell phone, I wish I could get the iphone. However, verizon doesn't have a contract with apple, and I refuse to leave as verizon has been nothing but good to me. I have the blackberry (crackberry) storm. Allows me to keep updates on multiple email accounts, twitter, facebook, and other websites. Most importantly, it allows me to make calls!

The disadvantage of this phone is the touch screen. It seems as if I have to fight with it to navigate around. You really have to double tap on the screen with a semi-hard amount of force to open/close applications. Additionally, it takes a couple minutes to boot up.

All in all, its a nice phone for the price I got it at. $100 from some guy selling it on the web.

Good idea for a thread. ;)

I would love to have an iPhone, but I can't afford any data plans right now. And I think data-plan-related things are like 90% of what that phone is for, ye?

Right now I'm rocking the Samsung Solstice:

3774588615_46a03637a3.jpg

It has a nice touch screen, nice camera, and it's good for making calls and messaging. That's about all I can use it for, though. :P

Yeah, we're all new here. If you have any feed back please post it within the announcement & feed back forum: http://www.gsptalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-announcements-and-feedback/

Someone suggested that we place a introductory sub-forum to get the ball rollin'. We'll have that up shortly.

As for my cell phone, I wish I could get the iphone. However, verizon doesn't have a contract with apple, and I refuse to leave as verizon has been nothing but good to me. I have the blackberry (crackberry) storm. Allows me to keep updates on multiple email accounts, twitter, facebook, and other websites. Most importantly, it allows me to make calls!

The disadvantage of this phone is the touch screen. It seems as if I have to fight with it to navigate around. You really have to double tap on the screen with a semi-hard amount of force to open/close applications. Additionally, it takes a couple minutes to boot up.

All in all, its a nice phone for the price I got it at. $100 from some guy selling it on the web.

Thanks! i'll probably post on that soon, but I understand I wanted to go to Verizon aswell but the problem is that Verizon's hardware run on CDMA which is an old technology, which cannot use Voice & Data at the same time. Which is why I stay with AT&T, which has better reception than T-Mobile and faster speeds. I Heard about the BB Storms problem with its touch screen, have you considered taking the second one? Or going to a Droid phone?

Good idea for a thread. ;)

I would love to have an iPhone, but I can't afford any data plans right now. And I think data-plan-related things are like 90% of what that phone is for, ye?

Right now I'm rocking the Samsung Solstice:

3774588615_46a03637a3.jpg

It has a nice touch screen, nice camera, and it's good for making calls and messaging. That's about all I can use it for, though. :P

Haha, that's very true Hip. But my friends have that phone I must say it's pretty decent it lags here and there but it's pretty good, I used to have a Samsung Eternity which is very similar to your phone. OH maybe next year when the new Iphone 5 comes out maybe i'll sell you my old iphone 4 :P

I have the iPhone 3G. I've been using iPhones for a few years now, as this is my second one.

Like Mikey's phone, I can easily access many things from my cellphone.

OH maybe next year when the new Iphone 5 comes out maybe i'll sell you my old iphone 4 :P

Lol, yeah maaaaybe. Isn't that the one with the antenna problems?

Lol, yeah maaaaybe. Isn't that the one with the antenna problems?

Yes. To fix it, you need a bumper which is currently being shipped to me right now :P

Edited by Busterifle

I have the BlackBerry Storm 2 9550, and I use it for practically everything from answering emails, approving posts on gsprating, monitoring my web servers stats etc... I am looking forward to purchasing either the Droid 2 or the new BlackBerry Torch

Yes. To fix it, you need a bumper which is currently being shipped to me right now :P

Ahh, okay lol.

monitoring my web servers stats

Seriously? That's pretty badass. What do you use to do that?

Hey guys, I'm using the Samsung Eternity. It's got some pretty decent apps that I JUST found out about like MusicID and so forth. I dropped this badass about 50x now on hard concrete road from about 4-5 feet in the air, and it still works wonders.

samsung-eternity-att-trio.jpg

I'm planning on switching over to the iPhone 4 soon. Already bought the iPhone 4, it's pretty amazing, but now I just need to get it linked to my phone service.

got the iphone 4 :) since the first day and love it.

Its prob the only apple product I would ever buy unless I am designing or some sort

I have the iPhone 3G. I've been using iPhones for a few years now, as this is my second one.

Like Mikey's phone, I can easily access many things from my cellphone.

Hahaha me too but i use the Iphone 3GS :P

So you know, we're all new here and I thought this would be a good way to start a small discussion. So what kind of phone do you have and what do you use it for?

For example...

I have an Iphone 4 and I use it for basically everything, music,email,fb,games,etc.

What is your opinion of the iphone4. Would you recommend it? I've been trying to get one via my Wireless Carrier. But they are carrying limited stock so I'm a "Waiting/Call" list when some come in.

Are there as many problems as the media hypes it up to be?

I currently have the BlackBerry Curve 8310 and love it. I am now looking to upgrade to an IPhone4 for a something different as I've had been using Blackberry for the last few years. Its time for a change of technologies.

I have a HTD Droid Incredible. I love it!

I'm jealous. :( I can't wait until I get an awesome smart phone after my contract runs out.

AT&T.

I guess what I should've said was "I can't wait until I get more money to buy the phone and data plan." :P

HTC Touch Pro 2, US Cellular, it has an app for RCON

Droid + ATT = Restricted apps, go verizion wireless