Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ryanhz

Who still uses mIRC?

17 posts in this topic

Good morning GSP Talk,

Just thought I would post a quick survey to see who all still uses mIRC. I know in the past I have always had an active channel in game surge and have seen allot of positive results from it. Offer's customers an additional type of support, allot of sponsorship request's but if you weed out the crap and pick one or two good teams they can generate some good publicity.

Let me know what everyone else thinks!

Good morning GSP Talk,

Just thought I would post a quick survey to see who all still uses mIRC. I know in the past I have always had an active channel in game surge and have seen allot of positive results from it. Offer's customers an additional type of support, allot of sponsorship request's but if you weed out the crap and pick one or two good teams they can generate some good publicity.

mIRC is full of cheaters and people who do not care about being serious. (Majority)

You could try to get your ad on #sourceinvite #sourcescrim #sourceringer #sourcetryout and so on, but not sure it would worth it. It does give you a good publicity, but how good is the question.

If you want to sponsor good teams, look around ESEA, CEVO, RGA, IGL websites. They are usually full of good teams.

Otherwise, you can put a application format on your website for people who are looking to get sponsored.

Edited by Artur-DepositServers

I think you meant to ask who still uses IRC. mIRC is the software used to get on to IRC and IRC is dead.

I was going to re-register a channel on IRC, but to be honest the traffic is not what it used to be like it was 5+ years ago.

we use irc (i use mirc to connect) - irc for gamecp has been around for 7+ years and is by far the best method of instant chat with a community - live chat and support stuff limit your users to talking with only you and your staff - irc opens it up so they can chat with other customers.

For me its a great resource. I ran irc for the GSP I also had before gamecp and it worked out very good.

using it as a sales tool isnt as good, use it as a support tool and it will work great.

we use irc (i use mirc to connect) - irc for gamecp has been around for 7+ years and is by far the best method of instant chat with a community - live chat and support stuff limit your users to talking with only you and your staff - irc opens it up so they can chat with other customers.For me its a great resource. I ran irc for the GSP I also had before gamecp and it worked out very good.using it as a sales tool isnt as good, use it as a support tool and it will work great.

That's what I had intended on using it for was mainly support. In the past it was great for presales questions, sponsorship requests, and advertising current sales & promotions. I will most likely register a channel again and if all else fails its a free tool.

I wouldn't say IRC is dead,

Freenode is still pretty much active :)

I have a support channel within QuakeNet's IRC - Works fine, Don't see how it's "dead" it never will be.

If anything is dead its gamesurge. A bunch of other networks(besides gamesurge) are still very alive. I still find myself using it for programming issues, beats a forum and usually people are very friendly.

Not using IRC, it's not really anonymous.

Using the web in general is not anonymous so I really dont get the issue about irc not being such - to be anonymous run a proxy.. and then, that isnt truely anonymous.

IRC is beginning to die it has very little users.

I would disagree. It may have reached its peak already pre-social network era but its far from being dead. There are still lots of networks with lots of users.

I love irc, I find it is the best source for a community chat that is open to the public, nothing else can compare.

So which networks are worth doing business and or advertising on?

I do use mIRC on occasion but only to join in on chat rooms of my favorite podcasts when I get the chance to.

I always liked enterthegame - I was never a gamesurge guy and from this thread seems like thats not so popular these days. quakenet has always been a good network as wel.

I found gamesurge doesnt have much life left. Only about 5-10 users in any of the once popular channels.

#GSPtalk has an IRC channel on gamesurge for well over a year now. I completely forgot about it, logged in last week. There are a few people actually idling in the channel and I pay a small fee for a bot to advertise in other channels.

It use to generate a small amount of traffic to the site; however, gamesurge looks dead now and I am thinking about removing the channel since I have no use for it.

Well the problem is you don't have some sort of webchat to use on the site to connect to your IRC channel. If you even acquired the free version of mibbit to use on the GSPtalk site you'd probably get more traffic here and there. Though remember unless you're IRC savvy you need a simple easy solution for people not familiar with it which is why I suggested mibbit.

I used to chat on mIRC last year then stopped. I chatted there for 4-5 years and made tons of people. Things have changed a lot. I started using it last week but didn't like it much now. I don't know why.

On 20.02.2012 at 5:22 PM, Guest Ryanhz said:

Good morning GSP Talk,

You can create a survey using Appliedsurveys and just post it at different forums/communities/social networks. I also like surveys built with Google docs, very simple to make and very simple to process the results (allows to switch anonymity).