Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest HostDone

Do you prefer to pay Yearly or Monthly?

24 posts in this topic

Depends will the customer save more if paying for a few months or yearly. Meaning are they discounted?

In my personal opinion, with all the hosts that drop out of the sky, it's a good idea to just pay monthly to be safe.

The risk implied with paying yearly just doesn't really pay off for me.

For webhosting I like to go yearly, as it's usually going to save me some money, and it's typically under $150. But I only do that with providers that have been around a while.

I typically sell more yearly web hosting plans, but when I sold game servers I found more people wanted monthly plans. The main reason is their clans didn't stay around long enough to commit to a year.

I think that depends on the relationships between you and your web hosting company. If you trust each other that worth to apply for yearly subscription.

It depends on the company itself.. there are many web hosts out there, but not all of them are reliable as they say. Read customer hosting reviews.

Unless you receive an incentive (discount) for paying yearly and are confident in the company's ability to meet your expectations, you should always stick to monthly billing cycles

Web masters prefer to pay monthly when the company is new and yearly when you are with a company for a long while.

Depends on what comes with the years and the discount you get? Sometimes you get a free domain name.. I personally would buy yearly if you know that you will have the hosting that long.

I would recommend you to pay monthly and do not put all the eggs in one basket.

I mean register domain and buy hosting from separate companies.

I would suggest to pay monthly when choosing new web hosting provider. if you are using its service for more than half of the year, you can pay yearly.

At start it is fine to pay monthly but after few months when everything seems in order to you are satisfied in all aspects, you should then move to yearly as it will save you money and you will not be having to worry about making the payment every month.

If a company is trusted and have good reviews I think a yearly plan is a good idea,as you can get it with nice discounts. :)

if it were to simply host a website I would rather it be paid yearly. One shot. not worrying about anything. Of course this decision would be based on my trust of the company I am buying from as well.

For the game server hosting service I'm working on we've bypassed this whole issue with a pay as you go model. It scales and gets cheaper the longer you keep the servers running, but there's no need to commit to a specific duration up front.